Jul 12 to Jul 15, 2018
SGSA Moon Day Rules and Regulations
These rules are intended to be as inclusive as possible containing all important tournament information. Tournament organizers ask that you read through all the rules and regulations prior to contacting the staff for questions regarding the tournament.
1. All registrations will be online through the tournament website http://sgsamoonday.emsasprucegrove.com after you complete your team’s registration you will receive a confirmation email that your registration has been received.
2. Registrations are only considered complete when payment has been received through online payment or cheque/cash being delivered or mailed to the SGSA office (#20,308 -West Grove Drive Spruce Grove, AB T7X4P9)
3. When registering your team, you can post notes for your team if you are coaching more than 1 team in the tournament or if you know of a league game conflict. Tournament organizers will do their best to accommodate requests, but that is not always possible.
4. All teams should be prepared to play their first game on Thursday evening unless you request otherwise. We will only accept travel time, league games and graduation as reasons for not playing on Thursday or Friday evening.
5. Registration will close on June 28, 2018, once registration has closed there will be no refunds if your team drops out of the tournament.
6. After your team is registered you can upload your official team roster to the website (rosters need to be pdf or word document) and then add the players to the tournament roster. All players that will be playing in the tournament need to be added and activated on the tournament roster. Be sure to check the rules to confirm the correct number of players allowed for your age group.
7. Official team rosters need to be uploaded and tournament rosters finalized by July 5, 2018.
8. The schedules will be posted online by July 9, 2018, and you will then be able to print your game sheets. You will need to provide 1 copy of the game sheet for each game and hand it to the referee at the start of the game.
9. After the schedules are posted, they are considered final and changes will only be made if an error has occurred. It will be the team’s responsibility to check the website for any changes that may happen.
10. For further help with the registration process, please watch the helpful videos on the website.
1. All communication (phone calls and emails) between teams and tournament staff is to be done through the team official; coach, assistant coach or manager that are listed on the official team roster. We will accept communications from a tournament rep or bench parent that is not listed on the roster as long as the coach is copied on all emails.
2. When communicating through emails, always state your team name, gender and age group, this will save time for tournament staff when replying.
3. Coaches and managers are responsible to communicate important tournament information to their team’s players and parents, we ask that players and parents do not contact the tournament staff directly.
4. Coaches and managers are responsible to know, understand and follow all tournament rules, especially the rules for guest players/trialists. Any team found to have played an ineligible player(s) will forfeit the game.
5. Team officials are responsible for the behaviour of their players, parents and spectators. Any team showing unsportsmanlike behavior will be disciplined and unruly spectators may be asked to leave the field. Any verbal abuse to referees, staff and volunteers by any team may result in immediate expulsion from the tournament.
6. We will be having our team sign in and coach packet pick-up on Friday July 13, 2018 from 5:00 – 9:00 pm and Saturday 9:00 am – 12:00 pm at the main tournament headquarters.
7. Coach packets will contain important tournament information and giveaways from our tournament sponsors.
8. If needed you can play your first game and then sign in your team if that is more convenient, but we ask all teams to make arrangements to collect their coach packet before Saturday at 12:00 pm.
9. Immediately following the game it is the responsibility of the winning team to provide both game sheets to tournament headquarters for their age group where tournament staff will confirm the results and post to the website.
10. Scores and team stats will be posted on the official Moon Day website.
11. Teams do not need to bring nets and flags to their games. All fields will be set up with nets and flags for the tournament. The home team will be responsible to provide a game ball(s) each game.
12. In the event that both teams are wearing like colors, the home team will be required to change jerseys or wear pinnies as determined by the referee.
13. For whatever reason, if a team decides not to play all of their tournament games, they will be forfeited from medal standings.